To start off, I’d like to say that I loved the diversity of lectures, and also the applicability of the chosen topics.
Here are short statements to all of the lectures:
- Andrey Sudarikov: is a Russian designer who talks about his work. I found it especially exciting to see how other nations work and also to see the differences in the design language.
- Saskia Schmidt: tells her story about how she became self-employed. I find it very interesting to hear about the career of different people, which makes you realize that a lot of things happen by coincidence. What is a recurring important factor is communication and a network that you should build up.
- Astrid Kury: talks about how collaborations and interdisciplinary work offer a wider field of view. Also the advantage of working with other experts: this not only brings more ideas but also a lot of knowledge in many different areas.
- Florian Doppel-Prix: showed that a great concept is key, and that it is always good to include all aspects of perception.
- Burcin Cem Arabacioglu: this lecture was a little bit hard to watch, but he points out, what can be learned from covid-19 and how the behavior of people could help contribute to a more sustainable planet.
- Sylwia Ulicka: Sylwia has an important message for all designers, that they should not only think about sustainability but also question our society and mentions the approach of discursive design, which I think is a great method to also get other people to reflect and think about the problems of our society.
- Ursula Tischner: Talks about designing sustainable systems and points out an important point: which is, people have to accept those systems. It is the duty of a designer to make it the best and most fun option for people.
- Anastasia and Martin Lesjak show how successful an interdisciplinary team can be and what advantages this offers. They inspire with their extraordinary ideas and create comprehensive experiences.
- Wolfgang Schlag: talks about radio work, whereas radio is an important form of communication and has always been an important tool for politics. Showing a social aspect, helping other people or society, it connects with design.
I really enjoyed watching those lectures, they are not only entertaining and inspiring, but also encourage a lot of reflection.